Card Manager places all you need to control, monitor, and safeguard your credit and debit cards in the palm of your hand.
With this app, you can:
- View account details
- Monitor recent and pending transactions
- Make credit card payments
- Lock and unlock your card
- Set alerts and controls for your card
All your information is safe and secure. Get the most from your credit and debit cards when you manage your cards with Langley's Card Manager.
Want help getting the most from this app? Keep reading to learn how to use its features.
Enrolling for Card Manager is simple! Once you open the app, you will be prompted with a welcome message and then can enroll by clicking the "enroll" tab on the initial login screen.
You will be asked to create a username, add your first card, and then fill out security information. Once complete, you can start using Card Manager to control, monitor, and safeguard your credit and debit cards.
To activate Touch ID or Face ID, first ensure you have enabled Touch ID or Face ID in your phone's settings. Then, complete the following steps:
Add Additional Cards
To add additional cards, complete these steps:
To view your transactions, tap the card in the account summary screen that you wish to view transactions from. Card Manager will display all transactions in the past 31 days for debit cards, and all transactions in the past 90 days for credit cards.
To make a payment on your credit card, select the "Make Payment" option at the bottom of the Transactions Screen. From there, fill in the necessary account information, submit, and your payment will be made!
Lock and Unlock Card
To lock or unlock your card, tap the "padlock" icon at the bottom of your card in the account summary page. If your card says "unlocked" and the icon shows green, you can use your card. If it shows "locked" and the icon is red, your card will block all transactions except for certain preset recurring transactions.
In Card Manager, you can set both alerts and controls on your credit and debit cards.
Alerts are text messages sent to a phone number of your choice alerting you to a specific transaction on your card. Controls are restrictions you place on your card that block specific transactions.
You can choose which types of transactions trigger alerts or are restricted by controls based on the following options:
- Location: Send alert when a transaction occurs outside a certain country, city, state, or zip.
- Merchant Types: Send alert for a transaction from certain merchant types—Department Store, Entertainment, Gas Station, Grocery, Household, Personal Care, Restaurant, Travel, Age Restricted, and Other.
- Transaction Types: Send alert for certain types of transactions—In-store, eCommerce, Mail/Phone Order, Recurring, ATM, and Other
- Spend Limits: Send alert for certain types of transactions that exceed a certain quantity or dollar amount in one transaction or in one month.
Set Up Controls and Alerts
To set up controls and alerts, complete the following steps:
- From the account summary page, go to the main menu
- Select the notifications option from the main menu
- Activate the specific types of transactions you wish to send alerts or controls on.
If you have multiple cards added to Card Manager, you will have to select the card for which you wish to set up alerts and controls.
- 1. What can the app do?
- The application protects you by allowing you to turn on/off your debit, credit, and spend cards. You can restrict transactions and set up alerts when transactions occur. The app gives you more control over how your cards are used to help prevent fraud or abuse.
- 2. Can I put my debit, credit, and spend cards in the app?
- YES, the app will handle all your Langley Federal Credit Union cards with a Visa Logo including debit, credit and spend cards.
- 3. Can I put more than one credit card or debit card in the app?
- YES! All your Langley Federal Credit Union debit, credit and spend cards can be placed into the application. Any Langley Card with a Visa logo can be added to the app.
- 4. What types of transactions show in the app?
- Once you enroll your Langley credit, debit, or spend cards into the app, you will see all of your transactions including pending transactions.
- 5. Can I make credit card payments in the app?
- Yes, you can make Credit Card Payments from your preferred Checking or Savings account using the "Make a Payment" option.
- 6. How do I add a credit or debit card to the app?
- When you login for the first time, use the "Enroll" feature to add your initial card. For additional cards, launch the app and scroll to the right until you see the "Add a Card" link.
- 7. How many transactions can I view in the app?
- Card Manager monitors and displays all debit card transactions within the past 31 days and all credit card transactions within the past 90 days.
- 8. Will the app show pre-authorization charges on my debit card?
- Yes, Card Manager includes pre-authorization charges from certain merchants such as gas stations.
- 9. What is the difference between an alert and a control/restrictions?
- An alert is a text notification sent to your cell phone when a transaction takes place with a specific card. A control/restriction limits the use of the card based on the preferences or filters you defined.
- 10. What kind of alerts/controls can you expect in the app?
- Alerts (text notifications) and controls (restrictions and filters) can be set up for some of these reasons:
- Alert: When the card is used over a pre-set amount.
- Control: Where the card is used. For example, block all purchases outside the Virginia Beach area.
- Control: When the card is used by locking and unlocking the card at your discretion.
- 11. When the Credit or Debit Card is added, how will alerts be received?
- You will receive alerts as a text message to your phone.
- 12. What would cause a location-based alert?
- If you set an alert for purchases made outside of your local area and you make a purchase at a local retailer or an online retailer whose home office is another state, these would trigger a location based alert for the transaction.
- 13. Who helps with troubleshooting?
- If assistance is needed with the app, use the "Contact Us" link within the app or on the initial login page. A representative will gladly assist.
- 14. Does a lock/restriction block reoccurring payments?
- In most cases, reoccurring payments will continue until you contact the merchant and cancel the reoccurring payment. Any issues should be directed to the merchant.
- 15. Will the card alerts previously set up on Langley's website still work?
- No, if you previously set up alerts for your card on our website, you will need to set up new alerts in the app.
- 16. How fast does it work?
- Within moments after you hit "submit," the locks, controls, and alerts are activated.
- 17. How do I access alerts and controls?
- You can access alerts and controls by going to the menu on the app or using the "Notification Settings" within the card details.